Local artisans will demonstrate and sell period crafts. Artisans will be set up behind the Bowman House and will be socially distanced. Raised-bed garden will be open.
Attending will be:
• Denny Warrenfeltz of Roostervane Gardens will have a variety of fall garden plants and herbs, loose dried flowers and dried wreath arrangements for sale.
Denny will also be in the kitchen cooking over the hearth preparing sausage with cider, butternut squash and apple fritters.
• Joe Scheerer of The Moonshine Forge Blacksmith Shop will be using a traditional coal forge and anvil to demonstrate blacksmithing techniques and will have hand wrought iron and steel items for sale.
• Robbie Caruthers of Hickory Stools will have his unique handcrafted stools and benches that he has created from locally harvested native woods available for purchase. Robbie will also be entertaining us throughout the event, playing folk tunes with his fiddle!
• Diane Putman of Millhouse Candles will be dipping tapers over a kettle of hot melted beeswax and sharing a history of candle making. She will have a variety of traditional beeswax candles available for purchase.
• Caroline Twigg of Eagles Nest Woolens will be demonstrating traditional primitive rug hooking by taking cut stripes of wool and working it through linen to create mats and rugs. She will have a small selection of patterns, wool, hooks and kits for sale along with a selection of hooked items.
A limited self-guided tour of the Bowman House may be available (masks must be worn), and the 19th century raised bed garden will be open for viewing. Everyone is welcome!
For addition information please visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Boonsboro-Historical-Society-MD-237198373341964
- Occurs Saturday, September 26th, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Occurs Sunday, September 27th, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 4:30 pm