This meeting will be broadcast live at www.facebook.com/TownofMountAiry/ and on local Channel 23.
It can also be viewed live at www.carrollmediacenter.org. Questions can be asked during the meeting by typing a comment via Facebook, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to or during the meeting.
Town Hall is closed to the public and this meeting is taking place via Zoom Webinar.
REGULAR TOWN COUNCIL MEETING - 7:30 P.M.
• CALL TO ORDER
• PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
• APPROVAL OF COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES & CLOSED MINUTES, and other related minutes as listed:
▪ February 2021 - Town Council Meeting Minutes
▪ February 2021 – Public Hearing Minutes – Ordinance 2020-30 – Developer Rights and Responsibilities
• MOUNT AIRY POLICE CHIEF REITZ’S MONTHLY REPORT
• MOUNT AIRY VOLUNTEER FIRE COMPANY REPORT
• COMMUNITY CONCERNS/CITIZENS COMMENTS: Public comment can be made by emailing email@example.com, by calling 443-398-5354 or by logging onto the Zoom Webinar and raising your hand during this portion of the meeting.
• ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS:
a. Ordinance 2020-30 – Developer Rights and Responsibilities – For Adoption
b. Ordinance 2021-1 – Budget Amendment for the Hometown Hero Banners $12,150 – For Adoption
c. Resolution 2021-3 – To Allow Alcohol at Ava’s Relay Race, May 15 and 16, Watkins Park – For Adoption
d. Resolution 2021-4 – To Allow Alcohol at Oktoberfest to include the rail yard, popup park and Main Street from Prospect Road to Hood Street, on Sept. 25t – For Adoption
• UNFINISHED BUSINESS
• CSX purchase agreement revised - for discussion and approval – T. McCarron
• NEW BUSINESS
• Naming of New Playground – Councilmember Reed
• MAYOR AND COUNCIL REPORTS – Highlights/action items only
• Mayor Rockinberg’s Report & Commission appointments and re-appointments.
• Beautification - Parks & Recreation Commission (COUNCILMEMBER MUNDER)
• Economic Development – Planning Commission (COUNCILMEMBER REED)
• Sanitation and Recycling & Mount Airy Sustainable Commission (COUNCILMEMBER POIRIER)
• Streets & Roads Commission (COUNCILMEMBER WASHABAUGH)
• Water & Sewer Commission and Special Projects (COUNCILMEMBER HUSHOUR)
• Town Administrator Report (DAVID WARRINGTON)
• Town Attorney Report (TOM MCCARRON)
• Code Enforcement Officer Report
• POSSIBLE CLOSED MEETINGS - “STATUTORY AUTHORITY TO CLOSE SESSION, GENERAL PROVISIONS ARTICLE” – as allowed by 3-305(b)(3) To consider the acquisition of real property for a public purpose and matters directly related thereto, Subj: