Power, gender and sexuality collide in Bob Bartlett’s contemporary reimagining of Christopher Marlowe’s tale of England’s infamous ineffectual king. Affairs of state that shocked Renaissance audiences are as close to this moment as they were in their own. Edward alienates his queen and court when he elevates his “favourite” to the level of consort. As we witness the newly crowned monarch navigate a love affair that could be the downfall of his monarchy, we are asked: what price do we pay when we make the personal political?
“E2” opens Oct. 31 with a limited run through Nov. 17 in the Studio Theatre of the Horowitz Visual and Performing Arts Center on the campus of HCC, 10901 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, Maryland. There will be post-show discussions on Nov. 3, 8, and 15. Rep Stage will also hold a pre-show lecture prior to the 2 p.m. performance on Nov. 16.
- Occurred Friday, November 1st, 2019 @ 7:00 pm
- Occurred Friday, November 8th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm
- Starting Friday, November 8th, 2019, repeats every week on Friday until Saturday, November 16, 2019 @ 8:00 pm
- Starting Saturday, November 2nd, 2019, repeats every week on Saturday until Sunday, November 17, 2019 @ 2:00 pm
- Starting Saturday, November 2nd, 2019, repeats every week on Saturday until Sunday, November 17, 2019 @ 8:00 pm
- Starting Sunday, November 3rd, 2019, repeats every week on Sunday until Monday, November 18, 2019 @ 2:00 pm
- Starting Thursday, October 31st, 2019, repeats every week on Thursday until Friday, November 15, 2019 @ 7:00 pm