Faulty wiring from after-market stereo equipment may be to blame for an early morning vehicle fire in the 200 block of S. Market Street, Frederick Police Cpl. Andrew Alcorn said Wednesday.
Police and Frederick County Fire and Rescue Services personnel responded to the fire, outside Il Porto restaurant, at 4:57 a.m., according to a news release. The vehicle was fully engulfed when crews arrived.
A man driving the vehicle told police he noticed smoke in the back of the vehicle as he was driving down the road, Alcorn said.
Alcorn said the fire remained under investigation early Wednesday. No one was injured.