Frederick native Dan Franko has spent the last 20 years working in the Maryland film scene, racking up appearances on “The Wire,” “Veep,” and indie films like “The Night Watchmen.”
- One person injured after fight breaks out at Frederick fair
- Goodyear Blimp cruises into Frederick to take 86-year-old on special ride
- Frederick police: Man strangled woman during drunken assault
- Rumored threat to Great Frederick Fair unfounded, sheriff's office says
- Grand champion cake at Frederick Fair sells for more than $5K at auction
- Co-working salon opening in Frederick allows stylists to be their own boss
- Frederick man threatened, attacked other man with folding knife, police say
- Can't find a home in downtown Frederick? Density restrictions could be to blame
- Monocacy Mud revealed as name of Frederick ice cream flavor
- Fight over chair led man to beat another with metal cane, police say
Friends to Follow
Friends to Follow is a real-time window into the social buzz locally.
Del. Dan Cox is carrying on a proud family tradition of — having a large family. The oldest of 10 children, the freshman legislator now has now nine kids of his own, including a 6-month-old born on the campaign trail. He discussed his family, his Catholic upbringing, and his strong conservat…
Del. Carol Krimm started out as an alderwoman for the city of Frederick, but quickly set her sights on the Maryland General Assembly. She was recently re-elected to her second term as the representative for District 3A, where she’s working on bills related to medical transportation, cancer s…
Del. Ken Kerr thought he’d be promoting education in Annapolis. But when he was assigned to the health care committee in the Maryland General Assembly, the freshman legislator — and current Frederick Community College professor — found himself back in the role of a student.