Monday, Oct. 14, is Columbus Day, a federal holiday.
The Frederick News-Post business offices will be open.
City of FrederickIt’s business as usual for city government offices as all will be open.
Frederick County GovernmentFrederick County Government offices will be open. Frederick County Public Libraries will be closed.
Additional information related to the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control & Adoption Center will be open. Details: 301-600-1546 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
- Frederick County Public Libraries will be closed. Details: 301-600-1630 or visit www.fcpl.org.
- Health Department: As a result of the state holiday, the following divisions will be closed: Administration (including birth and death certificate services), Behavioral Health Services, Community Health Services (including WIC services), Environmental Health, Health Care Connection & Preparedness (including health insurance enrollment services), Mental Health Services, Office of Planning, Assessment and Communication. School Health and all of the Developmental Clinic (Audiology, Dental, Infants & Toddlers, and School-Based services) will be open. Details: Visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept or call 301-600-1029.
- Curbside Recycling will operate on normal schedules. The Frederick County Landfill and Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center will be open from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and administrative offices will be open. Details: visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycling or call 301-600-2960.
- State Offices: Frederick County Board of Elections and Department of Social Services will be closed. Details: www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections and www.dhr.maryland.gov.
- TransIT Services: All TransIT services will operate on regular schedules. Details: 301-600-2065 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/transit.
Call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov for further information about Frederick County Government public services.
Other closingsThe town offices of Mount Airy and Myersville will be closed. The town offices for Thurmont, Middletown, Walkersville and Brunswick will be open.
Post Offices will be closed for retail transactions on Columbus Day. There will be no residential or business deliveries.
Columbus Day is a holiday for Maryland courts.
Frederick County Public Schools are open.
All MDOT MVA offices and VEIP stations will be closed. Online services, 24-hour kiosks and self-service VEIP kiosks will be accessible to customers during this time.