Forever Maryland is proud to announce that 85 grants totaling $320,000 have been awarded toward environmental education, community cleanup and beautification projects through the Keep Maryland Beautiful program.
The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) announces the recreational crabbing season in Maryland officially opened on April 1 for the Chesapeake Bay and tidal tributaries as well as in the Atlantic Ocean, coastal bays, and their tributaries.
Calvary United Methodist Church (UMC) located at 131 West Second St. in historic downtown Frederick, will host a Good Friday organ concert from noon to 12:30 p.m. on April 15. The concert is offered to the community free of charge and will be performed by Mrs. Ann C. Thompson, organist.
To better meet the needs of current and future visitors, the National Park Service (NPS) has completed an Environmental Assessment for a Comprehensive Trail System Plan for Catoctin Mountain Park. The park will implement updates and improvements to the trail system according to the plan, whi…
To better meet the needs of current and future visitors, the National Park Service (NPS) has completed an Environmental Assessment for a Compr…
- Man found dead outside Golden Mile business, cause unknown
- Man who stripped nude in library taken to hospital, police say
- Updated: Fire burns dining hall at sleepaway camp near Thurmont
- After dining hall fire, Camp Airy alumni recall 'heartbeat of the camp'
- Angolia wants to cut 'divisive' subjects from FCPS, resist state curriculum mandates
- Snakes cause power outage along Patrick Street
- Camp Airy fire caused $2M in damage; community rallies in support
- Animal Control determines man who shot dog was protecting 'personal safety'
- Man accused of sexually abusing minor, arrested at hotel, police say
- Homage to heritage: Frederick restaurant mural honors Italian roots