No one was hurt during a small fire Monday at Ballenger Creek Middle School, Principal Mita Badshah said in a FindOutFirst email.

Shortly before noon, a teacher and a student noticed smoke coming from a seventh-grade restroom. They sounded the school's fire alarm, and all students and staff were evacuated within three minutes.

Fire crews found that the fire originated at a smoldering soap dispenser, Badshah said in the email, adding that everyone was allowed to re-enter the building at 12:30 p.m.

One student was affected by the smoke and treated, and all students and staff are safe, Badshah said in the email.

The cause of the fire was being investigated.

— Rachel S. Karas

(8) comments

joelp77440

How many times due I have to say it, soap kills man!!!! Seriously though, that happened to our bathroom a couple of years ago at work. It's the electric soap dispensers that catch fire. They are plugged up agains the wall.

firedupterp

Sounds like a Bart Simpson prank.

kingesquivel

Pure genius whoever figured out how to set a soap dispenser on fire.

Sanker

A little accelerate can go a long way.

discreetboi21705

faulty battery will cause it. All they had to do was remove the battery.

kingesquivel

Battery-powered? No wonder kids are so overweight.

Marylandgirl22

Right?! I've lost many pounds using the old fashioned soap dispensers. Finally, an explanation for the battle on obesity!

watson4sherlock

It is touchless so germs aren't spread by touching the soap dispenser.

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it clean. No vulgar, racist, sexist or sexually-oriented language.
Engage ideas. This forum is for the exchange of ideas, not personal attacks or ad hominem criticisms.
TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
Be civil. Don't threaten. Don't lie. Don't bait. Don't degrade others.
No trolling. Stay on topic.
No spamming. This is not the place to sell miracle cures.
No deceptive names. Apparently misleading usernames are not allowed.
Say it once. No repetitive posts, please.
Help us. Use the 'Report' link for abusive posts.

Thank you for reading!

Already a member?

Login Now
Click Here!

Currently a News-Post subscriber?

Activate your membership at no additional charge.
Click Here!

Need more information?

Learn about the benefits of membership.
Click Here!

Ready to join?

Choose the membership plan that fits your needs.
Click Here!