Levi Esses has been hired as the new dean of students of Mount St. Mary’s University. Esses will manage the university’s student life services, including the offices of residence life, and campus activities and recreation, among other responsibilities.
U.S. Air Force Airman 1st Class Christopher G. Hiden graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas. Hiden is the son of Christine and Charles G. Hiden and brother of Devyn Hiden, of New Market. He is a 2015 graduate of Oakdale High School, Ijamsville.
There’s a new house in Frederick County built entirely by students from the Career and Technology Center program run by Frederick County Public Schools.
Enrollment at Frederick County Public Schools is projected to increase by 4,250 students by 2028, with the largest increases expected to come in the elementary and high school levels, according to an analysis of the school system’s facilities.
Of more than 1,500 places in Maryland considered historically important by the National Park Service, only 15 are because of their direct importance to the LGBTQ community. Preservation Maryland is looking to change that.
There’s a new house in Frederick County built entirely by students from the Career and Technology Center program run by Frederick County Publi…
Enrollment at Frederick County Public Schools is projected to increase by 4,250 students by 2028, with the largest increases expected to come …
Of more than 1,500 places in Maryland considered historically important by the National Park Service, only 15 are because of their direct impo…
After spending nearly a decade at the helm of Catoctin High School, Principal Bernard Quesada is moving from the mountains to the valley.
The final stage of the Brunswick High School feasibility study came to fruition Wednesday evening in a way that parents and the Brunswick City…
The Linganore-Oakdale-Urbana redistricting study is chugging along. The Facilities Services Division of Frederick County Public Schools as wel…
Amber Ennis and Mimi Pessagno, both recent graduates of Saint John’s Catholic Prep in Buckeystown, will be leaving for college with an extra s…
On topic: Letters
- Widening the achievement gap
- Jewish holidays and schools
- FCPS has options other than taking away student holiday
- In difficult times, the best advice is, 'love surpasses all understanding'
- Cindy Rose responds
- Simple question
- More charter choice needed
- What's led to FCPS budget woes
- Rose thanks supporters
- What If?
- Neighbors' complaints lead to arrests at 'disorderly home' in Frederick
- Lucky Corner's downtown location changes hands, and eventually its name, too
- China Garden owners hope to rebuild weeks after fire at Frederick restaurant
- New Market restaurant wants more seating, but town says tackle parking first
- Local quarry owner, scuba diving teacher propose scuba diving, ecological site
- Coming soon to Frederick County: Blue Heron Elementary School
- School board votes for brand-new Brunswick High School
- Fire destroys Sabillasville home
- Inpatient women’s facility opens in Sabillasville
- Kemp Hall opens in downtown, but with a hefty price tag
This week in School Notes ... news you can use as we enter summer.
Hello, Frederick County! I wanted to take my first week writing the School Notes column to introduce myself and give you a sense of how I plan to cover education for The Frederick News-Post.
Doug Fossett began with a question: Why does Frederick celebrate a slave owner?
- FCPS football coaches get trained on safe tackling techniques
- Coach's Corner: Summer is a great time for high school athletes to separate from the competition
- Local Roundup: MSD sweeps national track crowns
- 50 years later, the late Ricky Dawson's record 24-strikeout game still stands
- Coach's Corner: Recognizing the importance of teamwork
- Local roundup: Titans' Acal picked for Robinson All-Star game
- Poffenbarger makes U16 national team
- Local Roundup: MSD wins national baseball, softball crowns
- Athletes of the Week (May 27)
- Five questions with Cole Crist, Senior first baseman, Middletown baseball