In a year when the state gave scheduling power back to local school boards, Frederick County is already exploring more efficient scheduling.
Before the high school students could enter their submarine, scuba instructor Brandon Harris reiterated these instructions: Work as a team, and don’t put your goggles on your forehead.
A song kicked off the board of trustees meeting at Frederick Community College on Wednesday night. Trustees sang “Happy Birthday” to board chairwoman Debra Borden, whose birthday was Thursday. They served cake and cupcakes. But the birthday celebration was only one of the evening’s occasions.
Levi Esses has been hired as the new dean of students of Mount St. Mary’s University. Esses will manage the university’s student life services, including the offices of residence life, and campus activities and recreation, among other responsibilities.
There’s a new house in Frederick County built entirely by students from the Career and Technology Center program run by Frederick County Public Schools.
Enrollment at Frederick County Public Schools is projected to increase by 4,250 students by 2028, with the largest increases expected to come in the elementary and high school levels, according to an analysis of the school system’s facilities.
Before the high school students could enter their submarine, scuba instructor Brandon Harris reiterated these instructions: Work as a team, an…
A song kicked off the board of trustees meeting at Frederick Community College on Wednesday night. Trustees sang “Happy Birthday” to board cha…
There’s a new house in Frederick County built entirely by students from the Career and Technology Center program run by Frederick County Publi…
Enrollment at Frederick County Public Schools is projected to increase by 4,250 students by 2028, with the largest increases expected to come …
The final stage of the Brunswick High School feasibility study came to fruition Wednesday evening in a way that parents and the Brunswick City…
Amber Ennis and Mimi Pessagno, both recent graduates of Saint John’s Catholic Prep in Buckeystown, will be leaving for college with an extra s…
On topic: Letters
- Widening the achievement gap
- Jewish holidays and schools
- FCPS has options other than taking away student holiday
- In difficult times, the best advice is, 'love surpasses all understanding'
- More charter choice needed
- Charter schools will lead reform
- Better charter schools equals better teacher pay
- School board candidate calls for superintendent's resignation
- High-stress pay
- Pay raise for teachers? Charter schools could have helped
- Seven people displaced after grill fire spreads in Frederick
- Police arrest three in connection to shots-fired cases in Frederick
- One shot in two gunfire exchanges near Seventh Street shopping center
- CAVA opens near FSK Mall
- Frederick man sentenced to 40 years for first-degree rape
- Frederick police: Man found outside garage ruled a suicide
- Frederick woman charged with vehicle theft, drug possession after traffic stop
- Fraud suspect indicted in West Virginia
- FCPS pushes back graduations for 2020; councilman wants board to explore bumping up school start date
- Transitioning as a transgender woman in Frederick
This week in School Notes ... news you can use as we enter summer.
Hello, Frederick County! I wanted to take my first week writing the School Notes column to introduce myself and give you a sense of how I plan to cover education for The Frederick News-Post.
Doug Fossett began with a question: Why does Frederick celebrate a slave owner?
- Coach's Corner: Athletes need to focus on the basics
- 2019 Spring All-Central Maryland Conference Teams
- FCPS football coaches get trained on safe tackling techniques
- Coach's Corner: Summer is a great time for high school athletes to separate from the competition
- Local Roundup: MSD sweeps national track crowns
- 50 years later, the late Ricky Dawson's record 24-strikeout game still stands
- Coach's Corner: Recognizing the importance of teamwork
- Local roundup: Titans' Acal picked for Robinson All-Star game
- Poffenbarger makes U16 national team
- Local Roundup: MSD wins national baseball, softball crowns