This week in School Notes ... news you can use as we enter summer.
- China Garden owners hope to rebuild weeks after fire at Frederick restaurant
- Frederick woman charged with vehicle theft, drug possession after traffic stop
- Lucky Corner's downtown location changes hands, and eventually its name, too
- Fire destroys Sabillasville home
- Coming soon to Frederick County: Blue Heron Elementary School
- Inpatient women’s facility opens in Sabillasville
- Kemp Hall opens in downtown, but with a hefty price tag
- Fraud suspect indicted in West Virginia
- Neighbors' complaints lead to arrests at 'disorderly home' in Frederick
- Pediatrician’s criminal case leaves void for some in Latino community
Hello, Frederick County! I wanted to take my first week writing the School Notes column to introduce myself and give you a sense of how I plan to cover education for The Frederick News-Post.
Doug Fossett began with a question: Why does Frederick celebrate a slave owner?
- FCPS football coaches get trained on safe tackling techniques
- Coach's Corner: Summer is a great time for high school athletes to separate from the competition
- Local Roundup: MSD sweeps national track crowns
- 50 years later, the late Ricky Dawson's record 24-strikeout game still stands
- Coach's Corner: Recognizing the importance of teamwork
- Local roundup: Titans' Acal picked for Robinson All-Star game
- Poffenbarger makes U16 national team
- Local Roundup: MSD wins national baseball, softball crowns
- Athletes of the Week (May 27)
- Five questions with Cole Crist, Senior first baseman, Middletown baseball