This week in School Notes ... news you can use as we enter summer.
- Police arrest three in connection to shots-fired cases in Frederick
- Seven people displaced after grill fire spreads in Frederick
- One shot in two gunfire exchanges near Seventh Street shopping center
- CAVA opens near FSK Mall
- Frederick police: Man found outside garage ruled a suicide
- Frederick man sentenced to 40 years for first-degree rape
- Frederick woman charged with vehicle theft, drug possession after traffic stop
- Fraud suspect indicted in West Virginia
- FCPS pushes back graduations for 2020; councilman wants board to explore bumping up school start date
- Transitioning as a transgender woman in Frederick
Hello, Frederick County! I wanted to take my first week writing the School Notes column to introduce myself and give you a sense of how I plan to cover education for The Frederick News-Post.
Doug Fossett began with a question: Why does Frederick celebrate a slave owner?
- Coach's Corner: Athletes need to focus on the basics
- 2019 Spring All-Central Maryland Conference Teams
- FCPS football coaches get trained on safe tackling techniques
- Coach's Corner: Summer is a great time for high school athletes to separate from the competition
- Local Roundup: MSD sweeps national track crowns
- 50 years later, the late Ricky Dawson's record 24-strikeout game still stands
- Coach's Corner: Recognizing the importance of teamwork
- Local roundup: Titans' Acal picked for Robinson All-Star game
- Poffenbarger makes U16 national team
- Local Roundup: MSD wins national baseball, softball crowns