The Urbana Elementary School Parent Teacher Association is holding a brick fundraiser for all who want to keep a piece of the old school building.
- Frederick Towne Mall site renamed 'District 40,' will become entertainment center
- The Brewddhist: 'Irish Wake,' in memory of Frederick's Barley and Hops
- Spurrier escorted out of office on final day
- Dog euthanized after mauling 10-year-old boy near Walkersville
- Sheriff's office: Man strangled woman into unconsciousness
- School board member Jarman cited in three-car crash
- Sheriff's office seeks help locating missing Frederick teen
- Sharpsburg man charged with threatening off-duty Frederick County sheriff's deputy
- Pre-Labor Day start likely for FCPS; district may explore virtual school on snow days
- Open for Business: Plaza Mexico provides Frederick with authentic Mexican fare
Receiving free and reduced-price meals in Frederick County Public Schools could become more challenging if a recent proposal by the Trump administration regarding toughening access to food stamps goes through.
Frederick County Public Schools announced a partnership with Frostburg State University (FSU) to increase the number of certified teachers, particularly in the sciences, mathematics and computer sciences subject areas.
- The Prophets: Local football picks
- Week 11 High School Football Capsules
- Middletown's girls soccer defenders form Knights' backbone
- A touching touchdown for Catoctin's Bowen
- Motivated Bears sweep into 2A volleyball final
- Athletes of the Week
- Bears follow Lund's lead, complete cross-country championship sweep; Knights' McQuitty crowned, too
- Middletown girls soccer continues to thrive under pressure, reaches state final
- Coach's Corner: NCAA football should take page from MPSSAA's playoff expansion
- Oakdale boys soccer team sees streak, season end in PKs against Century