It might have been a Saturday, but that didn’t stop 150 middle school students from packing into Governor Thomas Johnson Middle School to work out some math problems.
Coinciding with a skyrocketing surge in coronavirus infections in both the county and nationwide, Frederick County Public Schools recorded 855 new positive cases between Sunday and Tuesday this week — a number that dwarfed any weekly tally reported so far this school year.
Jessica Bernier, daughter of Jeffrey and Lindsey Bernier from Frederick, won the title of Miss American Sweetheart at the 2021 National Miss American Coed Pageant, held in October. In addition to the crown and sash, Jessica earned a cash scholarship, generous gifts from national sponsors, ac…
Coinciding with a skyrocketing surge in coronavirus infections in both the county and nationwide, Frederick County Public Schools recorded 855…
Jessica Bernier, daughter of Jeffrey and Lindsey Bernier from Frederick, won the title of Miss American Sweetheart at the 2021 National Miss A…
A second child has been charged with making threats against Ballenger Creek Middle School in the wake of a social media challenge that reporte…
Police reported no credible threats by the time the final school bells rang Friday, a day that started with Frederick County police on alert f…
While many kids save up spare change in a piggy bank, there might not be many who are looking to spend their money the way Nevaeh Bowne has.
On topic: Letters
- An unforgettable summer experience
- In difficult times, the best advice is, 'love surpasses all understanding'
- More charter choice needed
- Charter schools will lead reform
- Better charter schools equals better teacher pay
- Pay raise for teachers? Charter schools could have helped
- The blowback of an educational agenda
- Gold standard
- Respect the game
- Unsportsmanlike behavior
- Frederick Indoor Sports Center to close its doors after March
- Frederick Social hopes to capture cafe feeling, but with extensive beer choices
- Update: Missing man located safe
- Monrovia man arrested for manufacturing, distributing homemade firearms
- A shameful situation
- Fatal Wolfsville house fire ruled accidental, discarded ashes to blame
- Ijamsville man gets 7 years for distributing 100-plus child sexual abuse images
- Lagging staff salaries contributed to sharp increase in FCPS' recommended funding
- Parts of Frederick County get 5 inches of snow, police implement snow emergency plan
- State board rules Brunswick officials violated Open Meetings Act
Frederick County Public Schools recently launched a new series called “Vision 2020” to air on FCPS TV.
Olivia White, vice president for student life and dean of students at Hood College, will retire later this year after more than 27 years at the college.
Mount St. Mary’s University has added a new employee to its roster, hiring the school’s first-ever sports dietitian.
- The Final Score podcast: Oakdale coach Ronnie Beard tells how and why he chose track and field
- Athletes of the Week (Jan. 12-18)
- Local Roundup: Williams' shot helps Cougars get first win
- Fast-rising sprinter: Cougars' Buffington has one of nation's fastest times in 55-meter dash
- Local Roundup: Lions sink 10 3-pointers, top Pats
- Knights come up big late, beat Bears in girls basketball
- 'Complete ballplayer': Contreras put versatility on display in Patriots' win over Lions
- Local Roundup: Giandrea hits game-winner for Vikings
- Local roundup: Blazers beat Alvernia, go to 6-1 in MAC Commonwealth
- ‘Pumped’ Cougars win battle of unbeaten teams over Wildcats