When the 12:45 bell rang at Urbana Middle School on Wednesday, signaling the beginning of eighth grade lunch, Sharon Eburg took a deep breath.
Special Olympics Maryland has announced that Twin Ridge Elementary School, a Special Olympics Unified Champion School, has achieved national banner recognition for its efforts to provide inclusive sports and activities for students with and without disabilities.
The Frederick Police Department and Frederick County Public Schools responded Sunday to a “credible threat” made on social media to shoot students at Monocacy Middle School, according to a police department news release.
The Walkersville High School Alumni Association awarded scholarships to Class of 2021 graduating seniors. Twelve scholarships, more than $15,000, were awarded to 2021 graduating seniors during a virtual ceremony at the WHS senior awards ceremony. Applicants submitted applications and essays …
The Frederick Police Department and Frederick County Public Schools responded Sunday to a “credible threat” made on social media to shoot stud…
The Walkersville High School Alumni Association awarded scholarships to Class of 2021 graduating seniors. Twelve scholarships, more than $15,0…
Nearly two-dozen students from the Frederick County Public Schools’ Career and Technology Center (CTC) placed in the upper tier of the 57th an…
On topic: Letters
- An unforgettable summer experience
- In difficult times, the best advice is, 'love surpasses all understanding'
- More charter choice needed
- Charter schools will lead reform
- Better charter schools equals better teacher pay
- Pay raise for teachers? Charter schools could have helped
- The blowback of an educational agenda
- Gold standard
- Respect the game
- Unsportsmanlike behavior
- Three people injured after shooting near Frederick
- Worker shortage wearing on Frederick County Public Schools' support staff
- FCPS to relax quarantine rules, require vaccines or testing for winter sports
- Colorfest returns to Thurmont after one-year hiatus
- Middletown denies developer's search for water; town considering 144-acre annexation
- Public awaits details in death investigation of Jefferson man
- Frederick County Council approves purchase of $20 million Oak Street property
- Frederick police arrest 4 men suspected in stabbing
- Remembering Tony: Late Jefferson man's daughters share memories
- One victim released, two still hospitalized as police investigate Ballenger Creek shooting
Frederick County Public Schools recently launched a new series called “Vision 2020” to air on FCPS TV.
Olivia White, vice president for student life and dean of students at Hood College, will retire later this year after more than 27 years at the college.
Mount St. Mary’s University has added a new employee to its roster, hiring the school’s first-ever sports dietitian.
- Without heavy hitters, Cougars rely on ‘scrappy’ elements of game
- Week 7 High School Football Game Capsules
- Girls Soccer: Vikings managing large roster, championship expectations
- Local Roundup: Sheridan helps Titans remain unbeaten in girls soccer
- High School Hangout: Prep standings, statistics and rankings
- Local Roundup: Johnson, Hawks sweep Titans
- Athletes of the Week (Oct. 6-12)
- As a freshman starting at QB, Brunswick’s Houck calmly, gradually settling in for surging Roaders
- The Prophets: Local football picks
- Keeping alert: Tuscarora goalkeepers must maintain focus despite lonely stretches in blowout wins