The final stage of the Brunswick High School feasibility study came to fruition Wednesday evening in a way that parents and the Brunswick City Council wanted.
The second year of Frederick High School’s LYNX — Linking Students to New Experiences — program has come to end and was celebrated this past Wednesday in the FHS auditorium. The celebration was focused on thanking LYNX partners for their past two years of service and dedication to students.
High school students, a parent and a teacher from the Frederick County Career and Technology Center traveled to Ethiopia Monday with a prototype stove that will provide clean drinking water to a rural school and its surrounding community.
When Alyson Flora, one of the student speakers at Oakdale High School’s graduation, took the lectern, she spoke about growing up, explaining that it’s not a one-time event.
High school students, a parent and a teacher from the Frederick County Career and Technology Center traveled to Ethiopia Monday with a prototy…
When Alyson Flora, one of the student speakers at Oakdale High School’s graduation, took the lectern, she spoke about growing up, explaining t…
Citing an increase in foot traffic in downtown Frederick, a group of residents asked the city this week to update the city’s code on businesse…
Walkersville High School Principal Tracey Kibler was all smiles as she made her way down a line of Class of 2019 graduates in Mount St. Mary’s…
On topic: Letters
- Neighbors' complaints lead to arrests at 'disorderly home' in Frederick
- Local quarry owner, scuba diving teacher propose scuba diving, ecological site
- Sheriff’s office releases details of Weis Market suicide
- Despite neighbors' protests, city unlikely to rule against recovering addicts living in residential zone
- Brunswick man stole car, led deputies on drunken chase down U.S. 15, court records say
- Drugs, loaded handgun seized during traffic stop in Frederick
- Lucky Corner's downtown location changes hands, and eventually its name, too
- Homeless man charged with assault after police said he attacked men with a machete
- West Virginia man arrested after Frederick police respond to assault in progress
- Roundabout work to shut down Md. 180 intersection for 8 weeks
Hello, Frederick County! I wanted to take my first week writing the School Notes column to introduce myself and give you a sense of how I plan to cover education for The Frederick News-Post.
Doug Fossett began with a question: Why does Frederick celebrate a slave owner?
On the heels of a long discussion last week about which vacation day to return to the academic calendar, the Frederick County Board of Education shifted its focus to when parent-teacher conferences will be held for the coming school year.
- Coach's Corner: Summer is a great time for high school athletes to separate from the competition
- Local Roundup: MSD sweeps national track crowns
- 50 years later, the late Ricky Dawson's record 24-strikeout game still stands
- Coach's Corner: Recognizing the importance of teamwork
- Local roundup: Titans' Acal picked for Robinson All-Star game
- Poffenbarger makes U16 national team
- Local Roundup: MSD wins national baseball, softball crowns
- Athletes of the Week (May 27)
- Five questions with Cole Crist, Senior first baseman, Middletown baseball
- Continued greatness: Oakdale boys, Urbana girls maintain stranglehold on track championships