Walkersville High School students won this year’s countywide Academic Tournament, achieving their sixth win in the tournament’s history. Their first was in 1997, and they won again in 1998, 2004, 2006 and 2018. As the home of the championship team, Walkersville High gets to display the trophy.
The final week of regular season of Frederick County’s Academic Tournament ended in fitting fashion Feb. 14. The two statistical leaders won the first two matches, and the night ended with a crowd-pleasing competitive match.
Week six of FCPS’s Academic Team season was a good argument for the existence of the league. Three evenly skilled teams played three excellent matches showing high school students’ ability to learn and think under pressure.
Walkersville High School students won this year’s countywide Academic Tournament, achieving their sixth win in the tournament’s history. Their…
The final week of regular season of Frederick County’s Academic Tournament ended in fitting fashion Feb. 14. The two statistical leaders won t…
Week six of FCPS’s Academic Team season was a good argument for the existence of the league. Three evenly skilled teams played three excellent…
Mental health seemed to be on every candidate’s mind at Frederick County Public Schools’ forum for student member of the Board of Education.
Graduates from Frederick County Public Schools will not only leave with a diploma but also a sense of how to manage their finances.
Frederick County Public Schools, in coordination with local colleges and organizations, will host workshops through October on completing the …
Frederick County Public Schools staff, teachers, parents and others filled the cafeteria of Sugarloaf Elementary School on Thursday afternoon …
- Frederick police: Man shot landlord in face during armed robbery
- Emmitsburg man charged with manslaughter in fatal street racing crash
- Majority of Frederick County's COVID-19 cases clustered in four ZIP codes
- Sheriff's office investigating circumstances of death in Point of Rocks
- Outdoor dining gets warm reception in Frederick
- FCPS denied 12-day waiver, school will end on June 17
- Frederick examines options for restaurants reopening outdoor seating
- Gardner, O'Connor announce they're following governor's latest orders on reopening
- Florida man dies in motorcycle crash near Woodsboro
- State sees two-day increase in hospitalizations as deaths spike by 53
Frederick County Public Schools recently launched a new series called “Vision 2020” to air on FCPS TV.
Olivia White, vice president for student life and dean of students at Hood College, will retire later this year after more than 27 years at the college.
Mount St. Mary’s University has added a new employee to its roster, hiring the school’s first-ever sports dietitian.
- Larry Brown’s next role with Brunswick High is girls head coach
- 20 for 20: Celebrating two decades in sports at the News-Post
- Strokes of misfortune: Urbana tennis standouts regret lost opportunity due to canceled season
- I'd be Lion if I said I forgot about these state finals
- 2019-20 All-County Boys Swimming and Diving
- 2019-20 All-County Girls Swimming and Diving
- SubDivision I: Five Urbana players from same neighborhood earn D-I lacrosse scholarships
- Cadets lacrosse player had final season taken away — but she's giving back as EMT
- Face masks emblazoned with school colors and logos
- 2019-20 All-County Girls Indoor Track and Field