Frederick High School was placed on a brief lockout Friday morning after school administration was alerted to a suspicious individual on campus.
Trying to obtain an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine in the state of Maryland has been compared to trying to win the lottery or participating in the fictional world of the Hunger Games.
Joy Hall Onley will always remember her first day at Frederick High School. As one of 13 Black students who integrated into Frederick High in 1958, she knew one thing was clear from that first day: She was not welcome.
LYNX, a unique aspect of Frederick High School that is rooted in providing students with experiential learning and in-person events, has spent the last year doing what many other Frederick County Public Schools programs have had to do — pivoting.
Frederick County Public Schools has launched its own COVID-19 dashboard, giving greater transparency to how many positive cases the school system is experiencing at any given time.
Trying to obtain an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine in the state of Maryland has been compared to trying to win the lottery or participatin…
Joy Hall Onley will always remember her first day at Frederick High School. As one of 13 Black students who integrated into Frederick High in …
Frederick County Public Schools has launched its own COVID-19 dashboard, giving greater transparency to how many positive cases the school sys…
Five Frederick County students will serve as pages, and one as alternate, for the Maryland General Assembly 2021 legislative session. All are …
The platform and tools for virtual learning for Frederick County Public Schools elementary, middle and high-schoolers are the same.
Flexible Evening High/Frederick County Virtual School announces its summer graduates in the Class of 2020: Reily Kathryn Aitken, Walkersville …
On topic: Letters
- School board votes to bring elementary students in-person four days a week
- Brunswick teen dead after shooting at Frederick hotel
- Eight years after tragedy, Sophie and Madigan's Playground opens to the public
- Police seek help identifying suspects after Frederick protest
- Children found safe after reported abduction in Brunswick
- Mount Airy man dies in motorcycle crash
- Police impersonator stopping vehicles in Frederick County
- Frederick police make arrest in 2020 homicide case
- Woodsboro man pleads guilty to possessing 7,000 files of child porn
- UPDATE: Sheriff's office responds to mental health call on Monocacy River Bridge
Frederick County Public Schools recently launched a new series called “Vision 2020” to air on FCPS TV.
Olivia White, vice president for student life and dean of students at Hood College, will retire later this year after more than 27 years at the college.
Mount St. Mary’s University has added a new employee to its roster, hiring the school’s first-ever sports dietitian.
- Local Roundup: Goodwin leads Hawks to field hockey county championship
- Oakdale's early scoring barrage does in Patriots
- Lancers' Domroe gets fitting capstone
- No holding back: Knights' big plays produce county title, 2nd straight win over Lions
- Rakowski sets pace in Roaders' win over Frederick
- The Prophets: Local football picks
- Local Roundup: Bears clip Hawks for county volleyball title
- Week 6 High School Football Capsules
- Budding giants: Titans receive four goals from freshmen to win girls county title
- Knights rally from two goals down to beat Titans in PKs for boys soccer county title