Nymeo Federal Credit Union awarded two area high school seniors each with a Nymeo Believe & Achieve College Scholarship. Alena Surgueev, from Frederick High School, and Nyah Stewart, from Gov. Thomas Johnson High School, were this year’s recipients. Both students received a $1,500 schola…
Graduates: Ryan Abuelhawa, Emily Albertson, Bobby Ambush, Nadia Appiah, Brianna Archibald, Marshello Arevalo, Joseph Armacost, Macy Armagost, Shay Arneson, Emily Aubertin, Colleen Avila, Hope Rene Baguio II, Brandon Bankert, Colby Bannon, Dominic Barbagallo, Hunter Barnes, Ayden Bawcombe, Ha…
About 50 high school and middle school students participated in the Titan Stick Fest Saturday at Ballenger Creek Park to help raise funds for a teammate with cancer.
When Tuscarora and Urbana high schools go head-to-head in competition, tensions are usually high, but as the lights went up and the speakers filled the auditorium at the All-County High School Dance Festival, the vibe was different from other sporting arenas.
About 50 high school and middle school students participated in the Titan Stick Fest Saturday at Ballenger Creek Park to help raise funds for …
When Tuscarora and Urbana high schools go head-to-head in competition, tensions are usually high, but as the lights went up and the speakers f…
The 17th annual “Rethink Recycling” sculpture contest on Friday was a chance for students across the state to reconsider the potential of trash.
Five Frederick County students will serve as pages, and one as alternate, for the Maryland General Assembly 2019 legislative session. All are …
A list of first-term honor roll students was published on Friday on page C4. The list of names for first honors, grade 10 was incorrectly listed.
On topic: Letters
- Busy intersection near Urbana partially reopens after heavy storm strikes county
- Frederick man dies from injuries after crash near Jefferson
- Woman dead after falling from Carroll Creek parking deck in Frederick
- Competitive eater finishes 16 pounds of burger at Emmitsburg BBQ joint
- Local fitness trainer creates water bottle that holds cell phone
- Frederick County school board member seeks to change student cellphone policy
- Motorcyclist dead after I-270 crash
- Christian-based physical therapist opens near Frederick
- Steampunk festival rolls into Frederick for fourth year
- EMT worker needs to improve bedside manner
Amy Cordes, teacher specialist for Frederick County Public Schools, was recently named Administrator of the Year by a digitally oriented education company.
Two of Frederick County’s public schools will see a change in their daily meal offerings for the 2019-2020 school year. Thurmont Primary and Spring Ridge Elementary schools will no longer offer free, in-the-classroom breakfast to all students.
Frederick County Public Schools has tapped two people to lead new departments in the school system this year.
- Heat safety awareness a priority for FCPS athletics
- Local Roundup: Titans defeat Cougars
- Two for one: Urbana's Le sinks two aces in past four months
- Poffenbarger is a Knight set to take flight
- Structure, stout competition keep teams flocking back to Best of Maryland tourney
- 2019 All-County Girls Outdoor Track and Field
- Coach's Corner: It's difficult when a 'track brother' reaches the finish line first
- Don Boyer: Titan of track and field
- 2019 All-County Boys Lacrosse
- Keys game postponed