Each year the Middletown Lions Club awards three $2,000 scholarships to graduating seniors from Middletown High School. Recipients of the scholarships this year were Kadin Fisher, Zachary Spurrier and Jeremiah Tunis.
For Middletown High School graduating senior Sara Lookingbill, the last few days of graduation practice were the first time she’d set foot in the school since she and her classmates went to an all-virtual format at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Third graders from Wolfsville Elementary School spent Monday afternoon getting their hands dirty and their shoes wet during an informative trout release at Little Catoctin Creek in Myersville.
For Middletown High School graduating senior Sara Lookingbill, the last few days of graduation practice were the first time she’d set foot in …
Third graders from Wolfsville Elementary School spent Monday afternoon getting their hands dirty and their shoes wet during an informative tro…
Imagine if cars could talk. A new smart car brags about its features to an older, more humble vehicle. The smart car travels fast, has the lat…
Five Frederick County students will serve as pages, and one as alternate, for the Maryland General Assembly 2021 legislative session. All are …
On topic: Letters
- Jail time ordered for former Frederick County school board member involved in crash
- Human remains found in Catoctin identified as Gaithersburg woman
- Collision on US 340 leaves Maryland man dead
- Police: Person dies after downtown garage incident
- UPDATE: Missing Frederick man found safe
- Open for Business: Frederick newcomer opens North Indian takeout business from East Church Street
- Overturned trailer closes one of two U.S. 340 eastbound lanes, shoulders
- Brunswick woman charged with spate of crimes after authorities seize more than $25K in drugs
- Woodsboro man gets 11 years in federal prison for possessing child porn
- Happy trails: Decades in the making, Ballenger Creek linear pathway hailed by local leaders
Frederick County Public Schools recently launched a new series called “Vision 2020” to air on FCPS TV.
Olivia White, vice president for student life and dean of students at Hood College, will retire later this year after more than 27 years at the college.
Mount St. Mary’s University has added a new employee to its roster, hiring the school’s first-ever sports dietitian.
- Skyrocketing: Increasing heat helps Lancers LHP Moore land full ride to ODU
- FCPS High School Girls Lacrosse All-League Teams
- Select company: Thurmont's Mason Albright poised to get taken in MLB draft as a left-handed pitcher
- Kevin Meredith named Titans girls basketball coach
- DiMarco named MSD's new football head coach
- Four county players make mark in Brooks Robinson All-Star Game
- High school sports will feel the impact of naming, image and likeness changes. For some, that's cause for concern.
- FCPS High School Boys Lacrosse All-League Teams
- Kara Nelson reclaims old job as Middletown's varsity girls basketball coach
- Mixed blessing: Hawks' Li joins forces with Kim for more adornment at tennis states