It will be the first day of school for more than just the students at Middletown’s four schools. The new school year brings new principals to Middletown primary, elementary, middle and high schools.
The Wren’s Nest in Middletown was the setting for the presentation of the Dr. J. Elmer Harp and Gloria M. Grossnickle Scholarship awards. With its history as a Middletown meeting place, the Wren’s Nest was the perfect location to hold this annual event.
Students from 10 different Frederick County public high schools walked into the cafeteria of Gov. Thomas Johnson Middle School on Thursday morning clad in black, blue, green and red graduation robes.
Graduates: Jacob Abel, Sarah Abouassali, Elena Aldana, Emma Allen, Genevieve Allen, Mackenzie Anders, David Anderson, Katherine Athey, Daniel Averill, Cody Ayers, Allison Baird, Matthew Barlow, Hayley Barnett, Kaitlyn Barratt, Makayla Barrett, Sabella Barron, Bailey Bateman, Bryan Beachley, …
It will be the first day of school for more than just the students at Middletown’s four schools. The new school year brings new principals to …
The Wren’s Nest in Middletown was the setting for the presentation of the Dr. J. Elmer Harp and Gloria M. Grossnickle Scholarship awards. With…
Students from 10 different Frederick County public high schools walked into the cafeteria of Gov. Thomas Johnson Middle School on Thursday mor…
A soft chorus of “whoas” and “wows” filled the air as 232 first-grade students watched a New Holland skid loader jerk forward and grab straw b…
On topic: Letters
- County animal control faces unusual challenge of capturing elusive gator
- Thurmont set to welcome visitors for annual Catoctin Colorfest
- Later, alligator: Authorities apprehend absconding alligator
- Urbana High hosts a different kind of homecoming game
- City expects Monocacy Boulevard bridges to open in late October
- Frederick men charged with attempting to kill PA state troopers after vehicle pursuit
- Sheriff's office seeks help identifying Mount Airy home invasion suspect
- Frederick’s newest brewery creates city's latest beer hub at industrial park
- Five-time Best of the Best winners honored
- As Serenity Tea Room's time winds down, owner reflects on career, customers
Frederick County Public Schools announced a partnership with Frostburg State University (FSU) to increase the number of certified teachers, particularly in the sciences, mathematics and computer sciences subject areas.
Options for the 2020-2021 Frederick County Public Schools calendar are under development, with a pre-Labor Day start date being strongly considered.
The redistricting plan Superintendent Terry Alban plans to unveil this week erases crowding at nearly all elementary schools in the Linganore, Oakdale and Urbana feeding patterns.
- Local Roundup: Bears beat Warriors, earn spot in CMC title match
- Linganore boys soccer finding its form
- Athletes of the Week
- Five questions with Jalen Huskey, Sophomore cornerback, Middletown football
- Local roundup: Knights' McQuitty leads local runners at Keyser Invite
- Early turnovers doom Lancers against New Jersey powerhouse
- Fiery Cadets rally past Titans
- Merica's monster moment propels Walkersville to OT win over Catoctin
- With his legs, QB Poffenbarger helps give Knights' offense balance in win over Bears
- Local Roundup: Roaders roll behind Pratt’s trio of TDs