It was a night of festivity and reflection Thursday as students were honored as part of the school system’s 30th Martin Luther King Jr. celebration.
Five Frederick County students will serve as pages, and one as alternate, for the Maryland General Assembly 2020 legislative session. All are high school seniors.
It will be the first day of school for more than just the students at Middletown’s four schools. The new school year brings new principals to Middletown primary, elementary, middle and high schools.
The Wren’s Nest in Middletown was the setting for the presentation of the Dr. J. Elmer Harp and Gloria M. Grossnickle Scholarship awards. With its history as a Middletown meeting place, the Wren’s Nest was the perfect location to hold this annual event.
Five Frederick County students will serve as pages, and one as alternate, for the Maryland General Assembly 2020 legislative session. All are …
It will be the first day of school for more than just the students at Middletown’s four schools. The new school year brings new principals to …
The Wren’s Nest in Middletown was the setting for the presentation of the Dr. J. Elmer Harp and Gloria M. Grossnickle Scholarship awards. With…
Students from 10 different Frederick County public high schools walked into the cafeteria of Gov. Thomas Johnson Middle School on Thursday mor…
A soft chorus of “whoas” and “wows” filled the air as 232 first-grade students watched a New Holland skid loader jerk forward and grab straw b…
On topic: Letters
- Ijamsville man charged with abusing infant son denied bail
- First comes marriage: Frederick native Mindy Shiben dishes on marrying a stranger and more from this season's 'Married At First Sight'
- Police: Frederick man broke into woman's home, strangled her
- Up on Market opens, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Kroger Co., Ocado announce high-tech fulfillment center in Frederick County
- Sheriff's deputies arrest two after drugs found during traffic stop
- Williams steps down as Cougars football coach
- Can't keep up: Some Frederick County businesses struggle to fill out workforce
- Senators propose new plan for $5 million originally intended for downtown Frederick hotel
- Taking a snapshot of homelessness in Frederick County
After participating in an all-day budget work session last week, the Frederick County Board of Education will meet Wednesday night to have a second discussion of the superintendent’s proposed budget for fiscal 2021.
Frederick County Public Schools received its most recent audit report from the Maryland Office of Legislative Audits last week.
Frederick County Public Schools has received a $10,000 grant from the American Dairy Association to participate in the Fuel Up to Play 60 Seconds program, created in partnership with the National Football League. The funds are specifically meant to promote physical activity and sensible eati…
- Knights break out of slump, top 'Roaders
- Local Roundup: Cougars hit 13 3-pointers, stun Williamsport
- Bubakar's big second half propels Frederick girls
- McNeill's half-court basket fuels Vikings in win
- Local roundup: Improved Cougars top Blazers
- Clausen, Hawks fluster Falcons
- Confident contributor
- Oakdale wrestlers paying it forward
- Hall of Fame HS basketball coach Morgan Wootten dies at 88
- 40-year flashback: Reunion set for top Catoctin hoops team