High school students, a parent and a teacher from the Frederick County Career and Technology Center traveled to Ethiopia Monday with a prototype stove that will provide clean drinking water to a rural school and its surrounding community.
When Alyson Flora, one of the student speakers at Oakdale High School’s graduation, took the lectern, she spoke about growing up, explaining that it’s not a one-time event.
About 50 high school and middle school students participated in the Titan Stick Fest Saturday at Ballenger Creek Park to help raise funds for a teammate with cancer.
When Tuscarora and Urbana high schools go head-to-head in competition, tensions are usually high, but as the lights went up and the speakers filled the auditorium at the All-County High School Dance Festival, the vibe was different from other sporting arenas.
When Alyson Flora, one of the student speakers at Oakdale High School’s graduation, took the lectern, she spoke about growing up, explaining t…
About 50 high school and middle school students participated in the Titan Stick Fest Saturday at Ballenger Creek Park to help raise funds for …
When Tuscarora and Urbana high schools go head-to-head in competition, tensions are usually high, but as the lights went up and the speakers f…
Five Frederick County students will serve as pages, and one as alternate, for the Maryland General Assembly 2019 legislative session. All are …
A former drama teacher at Oakdale High School who was criticized by parents for using the word “tranny” in a high school musical has been move…
A former Maryland State Education Association employee, who is a local activist and the mother of a transgender student who recently graduated…
On topic: Letters
- Neighbors' complaints lead to arrests at 'disorderly home' in Frederick
- Local quarry owner, scuba diving teacher propose scuba diving, ecological site
- Sheriff’s office releases details of Weis Market suicide
- Despite neighbors' protests, city unlikely to rule against recovering addicts living in residential zone
- Brunswick man stole car, led deputies on drunken chase down U.S. 15, court records say
- Drugs, loaded handgun seized during traffic stop in Frederick
- Homeless man charged with assault after police said he attacked men with a machete
- West Virginia man arrested after Frederick police respond to assault in progress
- Roundabout work to shut down Md. 180 intersection for 8 weeks
- Lucky Corner's downtown location changes hands, and eventually its name, too
Hello, Frederick County! I wanted to take my first week writing the School Notes column to introduce myself and give you a sense of how I plan to cover education for The Frederick News-Post.
Doug Fossett began with a question: Why does Frederick celebrate a slave owner?
On the heels of a long discussion last week about which vacation day to return to the academic calendar, the Frederick County Board of Education shifted its focus to when parent-teacher conferences will be held for the coming school year.
- Coach's Corner: Summer is a great time for high school athletes to separate from the competition
- Local Roundup: MSD sweeps national track crowns
- 50 years later, the late Ricky Dawson's record 24-strikeout game still stands
- Coach's Corner: Recognizing the importance of teamwork
- Local roundup: Titans' Acal picked for Robinson All-Star game
- Poffenbarger makes U16 national team
- Local Roundup: MSD wins national baseball, softball crowns
- Athletes of the Week (May 27)
- Five questions with Cole Crist, Senior first baseman, Middletown baseball
- Continued greatness: Oakdale boys, Urbana girls maintain stranglehold on track championships