On Monday, 15-year-old Justine Owusu was a student. By Friday, she was a doctor.
Graduates: Lorenzo Abernathy, Justin Acal, George Adomako, Hameedullah Ahmadzai, Hanah Ajamian, Derick Ali Napo, David Allen, Leonardo Alvarez, Nahomy Alvarez Orellana, Brianna Amaya, Makaala Ambush, Amisha Amin, Victor Arce, Amiel Argo, Sebastian Arnao, Justin Arroyo, Daniel Arrue, Steven A…
About 50 high school and middle school students participated in the Titan Stick Fest Saturday at Ballenger Creek Park to help raise funds for a teammate with cancer.
When Tuscarora and Urbana high schools go head-to-head in competition, tensions are usually high, but as the lights went up and the speakers filled the auditorium at the All-County High School Dance Festival, the vibe was different from other sporting arenas.
About 50 high school and middle school students participated in the Titan Stick Fest Saturday at Ballenger Creek Park to help raise funds for …
When Tuscarora and Urbana high schools go head-to-head in competition, tensions are usually high, but as the lights went up and the speakers f…
A grant from the Frederick County Business Roundtable for Education Fund, one of more than 700 funds managed by the Community Foundation of Fr…
A teacher and students at Tuscarora High School launched Frederick County’s own chapter of Project Lit this year, a nationwide movement that a…
- Busy intersection near Urbana partially reopens after heavy storm strikes county
- Frederick man dies from injuries after crash near Jefferson
- Woman dead after falling from Carroll Creek parking deck in Frederick
- Competitive eater finishes 16 pounds of burger at Emmitsburg BBQ joint
- Local fitness trainer creates water bottle that holds cell phone
- Frederick County school board member seeks to change student cellphone policy
- Motorcyclist dead after I-270 crash
- Christian-based physical therapist opens near Frederick
- Steampunk festival rolls into Frederick for fourth year
- EMT worker needs to improve bedside manner
Amy Cordes, teacher specialist for Frederick County Public Schools, was recently named Administrator of the Year by a digitally oriented education company.
Two of Frederick County’s public schools will see a change in their daily meal offerings for the 2019-2020 school year. Thurmont Primary and Spring Ridge Elementary schools will no longer offer free, in-the-classroom breakfast to all students.
Frederick County Public Schools has tapped two people to lead new departments in the school system this year.
- Heat safety awareness a priority for FCPS athletics
- Local Roundup: Titans defeat Cougars
- Two for one: Urbana's Le sinks two aces in past four months
- Poffenbarger is a Knight set to take flight
- Structure, stout competition keep teams flocking back to Best of Maryland tourney
- 2019 All-County Girls Outdoor Track and Field
- Coach's Corner: It's difficult when a 'track brother' reaches the finish line first
- Don Boyer: Titan of track and field
- 2019 All-County Boys Lacrosse
- Keys game postponed