Frederick County Board of Education members asked that data be collected on student perceptions of School Resource Officers (SROs) after an overview of the program was presented to them last week.
The Frederick County Board of Education unanimously approved a fund to replace turf athletic fields at schools that have them, despite some differing views held by Board members.
Hannah Bray might seem to be a lot more versed in the issues of American politics than her fellow Class of 2020 graduates. In fact, one could make the argument that Bray has more knowledge of the country’s governmental system than many of her fellow citizens.
Frederick County Board of Education members asked that data be collected on student perceptions of School Resource Officers (SROs) after an ov…
The Frederick County Board of Education unanimously approved a fund to replace turf athletic fields at schools that have them, despite some di…
Hannah Bray might seem to be a lot more versed in the issues of American politics than her fellow Class of 2020 graduates. In fact, one could …
As high school seniors have had their final celebrations canceled one by one, communities have banded together to lift their spirits and celeb…
Danielle McNerney, a student at Urbana High School in Ijamsville, is an honorable mention prize winner in C-SPAN’s national 2020 StudentCam co…
New courses in various subject areas will be offered to students in Frederick County middle and high schools for the 2020-2021 school year.
On topic: Letters
- Death of Frederick woman ruled a homicide, investigation continues
- Family makes moves to open roller skating rink in Frederick
- First recovery high school in Frederick County set to open this month
- High levels of chemicals in Antietam Creek drive effort to inform public
- FCPS teachers get pay increases through new agreement
- Group looking into potential for market in downtown Frederick
- School board stalls on plan for small student groups this fall
- Heath Barnes, a gay Republican Trump supporter, reflects on actions at local protests and treatment from opposition
- Gambrill Mt. Food Co. offers expanded delicious eats in new space
- Frederick man charged with arson among indictments handed down
Frederick County Public Schools recently launched a new series called “Vision 2020” to air on FCPS TV.
Olivia White, vice president for student life and dean of students at Hood College, will retire later this year after more than 27 years at the college.
Mount St. Mary’s University has added a new employee to its roster, hiring the school’s first-ever sports dietitian.
- FCPS workouts will be able to continue
- MPSSAA postpones fall, winter sports for 1st semester
- FCPS fall sports postponed until January 2021
- TJ athletic community plans virtual run/walk as tribute to Dexter Williams
- TJ girls accept being apart together during summer workouts
- Montgomery County Public Schools cancel fall, winter sports
- 2020 vision for field hockey players thanks to federation's new rule on goggles
- Vikings' fall sports season delayed by IAAM, MIAA
- FCPS issues more 'Return to Play' guidance for fall sports
- Meehan named Lancers boys soccer coach