High school students, a parent and a teacher from the Frederick County Career and Technology Center traveled to Ethiopia Monday with a prototype stove that will provide clean drinking water to a rural school and its surrounding community.
When Tuscarora and Urbana high schools go head-to-head in competition, tensions are usually high, but as the lights went up and the speakers filled the auditorium at the All-County High School Dance Festival, the vibe was different from other sporting arenas.
The documentary “Heroin’s Grip” is scheduled to be shown at Urbana High School, 3471 Campus Drive, Ijamsville, at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The free event is open to the public and is sponsored by the UHS Parent Teacher Student Association.
When Tuscarora and Urbana high schools go head-to-head in competition, tensions are usually high, but as the lights went up and the speakers f…
The documentary “Heroin’s Grip” is scheduled to be shown at Urbana High School, 3471 Campus Drive, Ijamsville, at 7 p.m. Wednesday. The free e…
A grant from the Frederick County Business Roundtable for Education Fund, one of more than 700 funds managed by the Community Foundation of Fr…
Five Frederick County students will serve as pages, and one as alternate, for the Maryland General Assembly 2019 legislative session. All are …
The annual Winter Wonderland holiday shop, hosted by the band boosters of Urbana High School, takes place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at th…
On topic: Letters
- Neighbors' complaints lead to arrests at 'disorderly home' in Frederick
- Lucky Corner's downtown location changes hands, and eventually its name, too
- China Garden owners hope to rebuild weeks after fire at Frederick restaurant
- New Market restaurant wants more seating, but town says tackle parking first
- Local quarry owner, scuba diving teacher propose scuba diving, ecological site
- Coming soon to Frederick County: Blue Heron Elementary School
- School board votes for brand-new Brunswick High School
- Fire destroys Sabillasville home
- Frederick woman charged with vehicle theft, drug possession after traffic stop
- Inpatient women’s facility opens in Sabillasville
This week in School Notes ... news you can use as we enter summer.
Hello, Frederick County! I wanted to take my first week writing the School Notes column to introduce myself and give you a sense of how I plan to cover education for The Frederick News-Post.
Doug Fossett began with a question: Why does Frederick celebrate a slave owner?
- FCPS football coaches get trained on safe tackling techniques
- Coach's Corner: Summer is a great time for high school athletes to separate from the competition
- Local Roundup: MSD sweeps national track crowns
- 50 years later, the late Ricky Dawson's record 24-strikeout game still stands
- Coach's Corner: Recognizing the importance of teamwork
- Local roundup: Titans' Acal picked for Robinson All-Star game
- Poffenbarger makes U16 national team
- Local Roundup: MSD wins national baseball, softball crowns
- Athletes of the Week (May 27)
- Five questions with Cole Crist, Senior first baseman, Middletown baseball