Citing an increase in foot traffic in downtown Frederick, a group of residents asked the city this week to update the city’s code on businesses operating sidewalk cafes.
Walkersville High School Principal Tracey Kibler was all smiles as she made her way down a line of Class of 2019 graduates in Mount St. Mary’s University’s stadium Thursday afternoon, greeting students by name and stopping frequently to take selfies.
A perceived threat of violence toward people at Walkersville High School prompted an investigation and the delay of an annual pep rally earlier this month.
The Joanne Grossnickle Scholarship Committee of the Union Bridge Church of the Brethren has awarded scholarships to six college students for the 2018-2019 school year. Committee members Margie Legg and Marcia Leiter presented the scholarships during the morning worship service on Aug. 5. The…
Walkersville High School Principal Tracey Kibler was all smiles as she made her way down a line of Class of 2019 graduates in Mount St. Mary’s…
A perceived threat of violence toward people at Walkersville High School prompted an investigation and the delay of an annual pep rally earlie…
The Joanne Grossnickle Scholarship Committee of the Union Bridge Church of the Brethren has awarded scholarships to six college students for t…
Walkersville High School Alumni Association, Inc. held its annual meeting/banquet on June 23 at the New Midway Volunteer Fire Co. firehall wit…
Five Frederick County Public Schools facilities in Walkersville were briefly on partial lockdown Thursday morning after a bear was reported in…
Not every high school student would rank the final period of the day among their favorite class times, but for Sue Faibisch’s environmental sc…
- Neighbors' complaints lead to arrests at 'disorderly home' in Frederick
- Local quarry owner, scuba diving teacher propose scuba diving, ecological site
- Sheriff’s office releases details of Weis Market suicide
- Despite neighbors' protests, city unlikely to rule against recovering addicts living in residential zone
- Brunswick man stole car, led deputies on drunken chase down U.S. 15, court records say
- Drugs, loaded handgun seized during traffic stop in Frederick
- Homeless man charged with assault after police said he attacked men with a machete
- West Virginia man arrested after Frederick police respond to assault in progress
- Roundabout work to shut down Md. 180 intersection for 8 weeks
- Lucky Corner's downtown location changes hands, and eventually its name, too
Hello, Frederick County! I wanted to take my first week writing the School Notes column to introduce myself and give you a sense of how I plan to cover education for The Frederick News-Post.
Doug Fossett began with a question: Why does Frederick celebrate a slave owner?
On the heels of a long discussion last week about which vacation day to return to the academic calendar, the Frederick County Board of Education shifted its focus to when parent-teacher conferences will be held for the coming school year.
- Coach's Corner: Summer is a great time for high school athletes to separate from the competition
- Local Roundup: MSD sweeps national track crowns
- 50 years later, the late Ricky Dawson's record 24-strikeout game still stands
- Coach's Corner: Recognizing the importance of teamwork
- Local roundup: Titans' Acal picked for Robinson All-Star game
- Poffenbarger makes U16 national team
- Local Roundup: MSD wins national baseball, softball crowns
- Athletes of the Week (May 27)
- Five questions with Cole Crist, Senior first baseman, Middletown baseball
- Continued greatness: Oakdale boys, Urbana girls maintain stranglehold on track championships