Frederick County Public Schools staff, teachers, parents and others filled the cafeteria of Sugarloaf Elementary School on Thursday afternoon to learn about the new trash and disposal practices that will come to 14 schools in the coming school year.
Families at Brunswick Middle School have a new way to shop for school supplies this summer. The school’s parent teacher organization has partnered with Yubbler, an online, back-to-school supplies program.
About 35 middle schoolers and elementary-aged children from Maryland and Virginia competed at the Rubik’s Cube Competition at Brunswick Middle School on Saturday, with the fastest solve time being 28 seconds.
Families at Brunswick Middle School have a new way to shop for school supplies this summer. The school’s parent teacher organization has partn…
About 35 middle schoolers and elementary-aged children from Maryland and Virginia competed at the Rubik’s Cube Competition at Brunswick Middle…
As part of the BPOE Annual Youth Appreciation Week, Frederick Lodge 684 recently honored middle school students from Frederick County for thei…
- County animal control faces unusual challenge of capturing elusive gator
- Thurmont set to welcome visitors for annual Catoctin Colorfest
- Later, alligator: Authorities apprehend absconding alligator
- Urbana High hosts a different kind of homecoming game
- City expects Monocacy Boulevard bridges to open in late October
- Frederick men charged with attempting to kill PA state troopers after vehicle pursuit
- Sheriff's office seeks help identifying Mount Airy home invasion suspect
- Frederick’s newest brewery creates city's latest beer hub at industrial park
- Police: Counter-protester arrested at pro-287(g) rally in Frederick
- Brunswick man charged with series of thefts from vehicles, attempted robbery
Options for the 2020-2021 Frederick County Public Schools calendar are under development, with a pre-Labor Day start date being strongly considered.
The redistricting plan Superintendent Terry Alban plans to unveil this week erases crowding at nearly all elementary schools in the Linganore, Oakdale and Urbana feeding patterns.
Frederick County Public Schools received data last week on how students are tracking for college readiness.
- Local roundup: Knights' McQuitty leads local runners at Keyser Invite
- Early turnovers doom Lancers against New Jersey powerhouse
- Local Roundup: Roaders roll behind Pratt’s trio of TDs
- Fiery Cadets rally past Titans
- Merica's monster moment propels Walkersville to OT win over Catoctin
- With his legs, QB Poffenbarger helps give Knights' offense balance in win over Bears
- Walkersville - Catoctin football overtime action
- Local Roundup: Bears, Hawks to meet in CMC volleyball title match
- Titans hold tight: Tuscarora boys soccer advances to first CMC title game
- Week 6 High School Football Capsules