Before the high school students could enter their submarine, scuba instructor Brandon Harris reiterated these instructions: Work as a team, and don’t put your goggles on your forehead.
There’s a new house in Frederick County built entirely by students from the Career and Technology Center program run by Frederick County Public Schools.
High school students, a parent and a teacher from the Frederick County Career and Technology Center traveled to Ethiopia Monday with a prototype stove that will provide clean drinking water to a rural school and its surrounding community.
In statewide SkillsUSA competition in April, 24 Frederick County Public Schools’ Career and Technology Center students earned first-place gold medals in 12 competitions, some of which required teams. They and three additional students elected as state delegates qualify to represent Maryland …
There’s a new house in Frederick County built entirely by students from the Career and Technology Center program run by Frederick County Publi…
High school students, a parent and a teacher from the Frederick County Career and Technology Center traveled to Ethiopia Monday with a prototy…
In statewide SkillsUSA competition in April, 24 Frederick County Public Schools’ Career and Technology Center students earned first-place gold…
In one corner of Phil Arnold’s classroom at the Career and Technology Center, two students work to build a model of a special-needs school.
Roy Rogers® restaurants recently announced that their Save the Children fundraising initiative raised more than $16,000.
On Oct. 24, the Frederick Memorial Hospital Auxiliary honored their Junior Volunteers with awards and recognition for their dedicated service.…
Only a few honey bees ventured out into the windy 50-degree air on Wednesday as Mariah Cromwell pulled the lid off the top of a hive.
- Seven people displaced after grill fire spreads in Frederick
- Police arrest three in connection to shots-fired cases in Frederick
- One shot in two gunfire exchanges near Seventh Street shopping center
- China Garden owners hope to rebuild weeks after fire at Frederick restaurant
- Frederick woman charged with vehicle theft, drug possession after traffic stop
- CAVA opens near FSK Mall
- Frederick man sentenced to 40 years for first-degree rape
- Fraud suspect indicted in West Virginia
- FCPS pushes back graduations for 2020; councilman wants board to explore bumping up school start date
- Transitioning as a transgender woman in Frederick
This week in School Notes ... news you can use as we enter summer.
Hello, Frederick County! I wanted to take my first week writing the School Notes column to introduce myself and give you a sense of how I plan to cover education for The Frederick News-Post.
Doug Fossett began with a question: Why does Frederick celebrate a slave owner?
- Coach's Corner: Athletes need to focus on the basics
- 2019 Spring All-Central Maryland Conference Teams
- FCPS football coaches get trained on safe tackling techniques
- Coach's Corner: Summer is a great time for high school athletes to separate from the competition
- Local Roundup: MSD sweeps national track crowns
- 50 years later, the late Ricky Dawson's record 24-strikeout game still stands
- Coach's Corner: Recognizing the importance of teamwork
- Local roundup: Titans' Acal picked for Robinson All-Star game
- Poffenbarger makes U16 national team
- Local Roundup: MSD wins national baseball, softball crowns