A warm, cozy rug can make a room look and feel more appealing on even the chilliest fall night. And the right rug can be a source of comfort year-round.
I have a head of cabbage that’s getting so swollen I know it’s going to split. Especially if a thunderburst drenches the ground. And after that head splits, my other cabbage heads, not as far along as the first, are also likely to swell, then split.
If mosquitoes, gnats, black flies and no-see-ums are driving you buggy, then consider cozying up to some lavender, marigolds or basil. Scientists question their overall effectiveness, but many fragrant ornamental flowers and herbs grown around the home have properties that can repel insects.
- Busy intersection near Urbana partially reopens after heavy storm strikes county
- Woman dead after falling from Carroll Creek parking deck in Frederick
- Frederick man dies from injuries after crash near Jefferson
- Competitive eater finishes 16 pounds of burger at Emmitsburg BBQ joint
- Local fitness trainer creates water bottle that holds cell phone
- Frederick County school board member seeks to change student cellphone policy
- Motorcyclist dead after I-270 crash
- Tacos Carlitos opens in Frederick and brings a can't-miss menu of Mexican street food staples
- Christian-based physical therapist opens near Frederick
- Woodsboro man faces child pornography charges after sheriff's office investigation