James “Rudy” Day started at Watkins Cabinet Co. in 1957, just days after graduating from Damascus High School.
An 8-year-old shadow often accompanied Frederick County’s first black physician on house calls. Dr. Blanche Bourne-Tyree knew then that she would be a doctor.
An 8-year-old shadow often accompanied Frederick County’s first black physician on house calls. Dr. Blanche Bourne-Tyree knew then that she wo…
- Busy intersection near Urbana partially reopens after heavy storm strikes county
- Woman dead after falling from Carroll Creek parking deck in Frederick
- Frederick man dies from injuries after crash near Jefferson
- Competitive eater finishes 16 pounds of burger at Emmitsburg BBQ joint
- Local fitness trainer creates water bottle that holds cell phone
- Motorcyclist dead after I-270 crash
- Tacos Carlitos opens in Frederick and brings a can't-miss menu of Mexican street food staples
- Frederick County school board member seeks to change student cellphone policy
- Christian-based physical therapist opens near Frederick
- Woodsboro man faces child pornography charges after sheriff's office investigation