Fly fishing for king salmon can be an exhilarating or frustrating experience. Success comes from time on the water, spent during a variety of conditions. There are days when the fishing is easy and other days when it seems impossible. For the past 20 years, I have made an annual pilgrimage t…
Fall means cool weather and colorful foliage. It can also mean unpredictable wildlife. Deer mating season is right around the corner, and the Maryland Department of Natural Resources urges motorists to stay alert for deer and other wildlife as these animals seek food supplies and mates befor…
This is the ninth in a series of Nature Notes columns on Frederick County’s trees. Discover Frederick’s diverse array of trees on a self-guided walking tour. To see all of the trees, it should take about 1 to 1½ hours. Currently there are 27 trees; a list and a map are available at www.visit…
Over dinner — sublime — at Louisa’s Seafood Café in Cape May, New Jersey, my wife and I wondered whether the 19th Century Victorian vacationers who flocked here to escape the inland heat could have enjoyed Cape May as much as we did.
Over dinner — sublime — at Louisa’s Seafood Café in Cape May, New Jersey, my wife and I wondered whether the 19th Century Victorian vacationer…
- County animal control faces unusual challenge of capturing elusive gator
- Thurmont set to welcome visitors for annual Catoctin Colorfest
- Later, alligator: Authorities apprehend absconding alligator
- Urbana High hosts a different kind of homecoming game
- City expects Monocacy Boulevard bridges to open in late October
- Frederick men charged with attempting to kill PA state troopers after vehicle pursuit
- Sheriff's office seeks help identifying Mount Airy home invasion suspect
- Frederick’s newest brewery creates city's latest beer hub at industrial park
- Officials: delayed bridge project on busy state highway scheduled to be done year's end
- Five-time Best of the Best winners honored
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.