More than 30 nonprofits will partner with the United Way of Frederick County for the 2019 Unity Campaign.
The Unity Campaign, which launches Sept. 11, helps fund programs that benefit asset-limited, income-constrained, employed (ALICE) residents through access to health care, education and financial stability. There are 32 partner nonprofits, according to a press release from United Way.
Last year, the Unity Campaign raised $509,891 for 31 partner nonprofits. This year, the goal increased to $525,000.
The nonprofits are:
- Advocates for Homeless Families.
- American Red Cross Western Maryland Chapter.
- The Arc of Frederick County.
- Asian American Center of Frederick.
- Blessings in a Backpack.
- Boys & Girls Club of Frederick County.
- Care Net Pregnancy Center of Frederick.
- Central Maryland Youth for Christ.
- Children of Incarcerated Parents Partnership.
- City Youth Matrix.
- Federated Charities.
- The Frederick Center Inc.
- Frederick Children’s Chorus.
- Frederick County Humane Society.
- Frederick Rescue Mission.
- Girls on the Run of Mid and Western Maryland.
- Habitat for Humanity of Frederick County.
- Interfaith Housing Alliance.
- L’Arche Frederick Maryland Inc.
- Literacy Council of Frederick County.
- Marriage Resource Center of Frederick County.
- Maryland Ensemble Theatre.
- New Hope Community Partnership Inc.
- Partners in Care.
- The Religious Coalition for Emergency Human Needs.
- Second Chances Garage Inc.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul-St. John Conference
- Spanish Speaking Community of Maryland Inc.
- Student Homelessness Initiative Partnership (SHIP) of Frederick County.
- United Way of Frederick County.
- Woman to Woman Mentoring Inc.
- YMCA of Frederick County.