In covering sudden deaths, many newsrooms exclude suicide.
We received a great deal of feedback on our story on the front page of the Nov. 25 edition about a prayer invocation that was part of the 50th anniversary celebration of Sabillasville Elementary School in northern Frederick County.
“Disgusting,” one reader wrote. “People that draw this crap are sick! People that print it are a lot worse!” One woman who called asked me how I’d feel if it were my child. A couple of them demanded we cancel their subscriptions.
- School board president should be censured and apologize
- Full of pride, free of hate
- 'Single use' plastic bags are not single use
- Not in my neighborhood
- The badge doesn't wear a beard
- Tough but necessary decisions
- Frederick's continued economic evolution marks city's success
- Proposed anti-discrimination bills aimed at fueling outrage
- Writer left out several details of downtown hotel project
- Fossil fuels a safer answer than atomic alternatives
We welcome your letters and columns!
Use the button below to send us your thoughts.
Letters must include your real name, town of residence and daytime phone number, which we use for verification. We do not accept anonymous letters or letters written under a pseudonym. Those of no more than 200 to 300 words are more likely to be published.