In the Oct. 29 board of contributors column “Trump vs. Biden: Comparing their records,” Rick Blatchford cites former Vice President Joe Biden’s law school rank (76 out of 85) as well as his two former unsuccessful attempts to gain the presidency. Mr. Blatchford also mentions the number of bills sponsored by Biden (533) and those passed (42). However, the column is sorely devoid of any figures associated with the Trump administration. In the interest of equal time, I present the following referenced information:
- 3,500: Number of lawsuits involving Donald Trump — (American Bar Association Journal, April 20, 2020)
- 91 percent: Turnover of influential positions in the Trump Executive Branch — (Brookings Institute, Oct. 7, 2020)
- 26: Number of women accusing Trump of sexual misconduct — (Business Insider, Sept. 17, 2020)
- $750: Amount of federal income tax Trump paid in 2017 — (New York Times, Sept. 17, 2020)
- 545: Number of children separated from parents at the border under Trump policy — (NY Times, Oct. 21, 2020).
- 227,045: Number of Americans dead due to COVID-19 pandemic — (CDC DataTracker, Oct. 29, 2020)
- 8,834,343: Number of COVID-19 infections in the U.S. (CDC DataTracker, Oct. 29, 2020).
It's easy to see that there is a difference in the numbers associated with each candidate. I’ll stick with the guy who can pick himself up in spite of the odds, not blaming others for his shortcomings, and keep on going — all with the maximum of decency. Of course, that would not be President Trump.