A fire at a Great Frederick Fair food stand caused roughly $10,000 in damage late Thursday afternoon, according to a Frederick County fire official.
Grease sparked a fire at Rita’s, a stand known for its Italian sausage, near the beef barn on the fairgrounds, according to Chip Jewell, head of the Frederick County Volunteer Fire and Rescue Association.
A fire crew on standby next to the beef barn saw flames at the food stand around 5:30 p.m. and immediately assisted, Jewell said.
The fire was out in minutes, according to Jewell.
One person was treated at the scene for a minor injury. No other injuries were reported, he said.
The health department was notified of the fire, Jewell said.
The food stand was roped off with yellow tape Thursday evening. People peeked over the tape at the charred equipment and burned tent.
It was unclear if Rita’s could reopen.
Fires at The Great Frederick Fair are infrequent, but fire and rescue units are on standby on the fairgrounds just in case, Jewell said.