HAGERSTOWN — It’s dim inside the terminal building of the airport. Ticket counters are empty and a coffee bar looks abandoned. The only person there to serve customers is a young woman running a rental car counter who says she no longer has much to do.
The city of Frederick has received more than $160,000 for its efforts against the opioid crisis from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Sometimes, in the course of our hectic lives, it’s easy to forget — or not even notice — the little things that make living in Frederick County great. In that spirit, I launched, “What I Love …
Banksy is a leitmotif at The Art Gastropub in Hagerstown, a shiny new establishment whose name is a fairly frank testament to its commitment, in the words of co-owner Anissa Harshman, to “nont…
“Cafeteria-style dining with a liquor license and ice cream,” is the way executive chef Jesse Rogers describes Hometown Harvest Kitchen, a fast casual concept set to open this May in downtown …
The private investigator had been hired by a couple in West Virginia. Curtis Williamson had stolen money from their mother, and they were not sure if Williamson’s wife was involved. Monica Gabriel was scared. What happened to her was happening again. Another wife, a fifth wife, Monica wanted to help. She might have learned something that could help. She was willing to help anyone in a situation similar to hers. The private investigator wanted to know who Williamson is. But who Curtis Williamson is depends on who is talking.
For Art Guyer, a seminar Friday on Parkinson’s is more than an opportunity to educate people about the degenerative brain disease. It is the culmination of a year and a half’s worth of work.
The city of Frederick has received more than $160,000 for its efforts against the opioid crisis from the U.S. Department of Health and Human S…
Sometimes, in the course of our hectic lives, it’s easy to forget — or not even notice — the little things that make living in Frederick Count…
Banksy is a leitmotif at The Art Gastropub in Hagerstown, a shiny new establishment whose name is a fairly frank testament to its commitment, …
For Art Guyer, a seminar Friday on Parkinson’s is more than an opportunity to educate people about the degenerative brain disease. It is the c…
Given the recent news from the corporate world (namely, a groan-inducing potential presidential bid by Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz), I wasn’t…
- Oakdale repeats as 2A-1A district champ behind wins by Grieser, Tucci
- FCC men fall in JuCo finals
- Okoye seizes the moment for FCC in OT
- Charity hockey game to benefit stepdaughter of Washington County sheriff's deputy
- Hagerstown native brings national roller derby tryouts to her hometown
- Mr. Stitches will return to drag strip after restoration
- Running to victory 'on fumes'
- Back-nine tear propels Knights’ Weiland to District 1 2A-1A golf title
- Urbana girls, Oakdale boys take team titles again; handful of meet marks fall
- Weiland gets redemption in playoff, wins District I golf crown
- St. James School honor roll
- Saints James High School honor roll
- Birth announcement — Heath Earl Miller
- Katherine Burroughs to wed Timothy Mowen
- St. Maria Goretti High School -- first marking period 2013-2014
- Kerri Lynn Osterman to wed William Frederick Watkins III
- Jessica Wynne Dunham and Jonathan Brett Chadwell
- Heritage Academy -- Third marking period 2012-2013
- Saint James — First marking period 2012-2013
Events where you live
Dec 7Izaak Walton League of America Frederick Chapter House$30
Dec 7Golden CorralFree
Dec 7Xa Loi Temple/Meditation CenterDonation
Dec 7Frederick Community College$89
Dec 7Holiday Train Display
Dec 7Gettysburg National Military Park and Museum and Visitor CenterFree
Dec 7Guardian Hose Company Fire HallFree