URBANA — Blessed with a juggernaut offense but lacking a true faceoff guy, the Urbana boys lacrosse team turned to two of the youngest players on the team to fill the role.
BALTIMORE — Louisville-bound attack Bella Rulapaugh had just unleashed another one of her hard shots, giving Queen Anne’s a three-goal lead over Middletown with 5 minutes, 11 seconds left in Saturday’s Class 2A state girls lacrosse final.
BALTIMORE — Finally getting over the finish line with the trophy in hand required a contribution from nearly everyone on the Urbana boys lacrosse team.
BALTIMORE — Louisville-bound attack Bella Rulapaugh had just unleashed another one of her hard shots, giving Queen Anne’s a three-goal lead ov…
BALTIMORE — Finally getting over the finish line with the trophy in hand required a contribution from nearly everyone on the Urbana boys lacro…
When Urbana senior midfielder Jason Kolar heard the pop in his left calf during last Friday’s regional championship at Tuscarora, he thought h…
MIDDLETOWN — There was a pivotal moment at the end of the first half Wednesday, one that could have sank most teams facing a perennial state p…
URBANA — To keep in shape for their main sport, Urbana girls lacrosse players Natalie Voorhees and Kasey Beach ran sprints for their school’s …
URBANA — With a quick-strike offense and a harassing defense that made shots of any kind rarities, Urbana’s undefeated girls lacrosse team jum…
MIDDLETOWN — As they were being interviewed after Friday’s game, Middletown girls lacrosse players Isabella Ewine and Brynn Hoffman were sudde…
URBANA — While opposing defenses have been trying — usually in vain — to slow down the Jozwiaks and the Kolars on Urbana’s boys lacrosse team,…
(Editor's note: In an earlier version of this story, several days for playoff games were incorrect.)
Coverage by sport
Trending in sports
- Brunswick's Campbell makes Olympic semis in 400 hurdles
- Former Frederick resident Eric Burrell trying to hook on with Saints
- Campbell shatters personal-best time but just misses 400-meter hurdles final at Tokyo Olympics
- Thurmont native, former Catoctin pitcher accepts record offer to sign with Angels
- Luke Campbell to make Frederick County Olympic history by running in 4x400 relay for Germany
- Clearing a huge hurdle: Brunswick High alum Luke Campbell will compete for Germany in Tokyo Olympics
- Big shots: Frederick duo wins national darts title
- From lukewarm to burning passion: Brunswick's Campbell has been building up to his Olympic run
- Catlin set to play in Senior All-Star Game
- Max Scherzer joined a Nats team on the rise. He delivered dominance until the end.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.