WHEN FREDERICK NATIVE Donnie Hammond was playing at the 1990 Masters at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia, he looked over at the gallery. Of course he had family and friends there watching him.
Before "The Hunger Games" thrust the sport of archery into the limelight, many Maryland public and private school students were already wielding bows and shooting arrows.
This weekend, about 125 public and private school students from eight different schools throughout the state will participate in the first annual state tournament in Hagerstown.
So what’s one of the most abusive, homophobic and misogynistic coaches in this country going to do after he gets canned in the wake of a natio…
WHEN FREDERICK NATIVE Donnie Hammond was playing at the 1990 Masters at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia, he looked over at the …
The Frederick County Babe Ruth baseball league had its season ending championship playoffs last week, crowning champions in three divisions.
Returning to the gym in late June, Frederick Gymnastics Club athletes resumed training regimens that had come to a sudden halt months earlier …
Two local champions will be crowned this weekend to cap an altered Little League baseball season that played out over the past few months in F…
Kym Catlin seldom knows if the family should expect her daughter, Jade, for dinner. Jade’s planner book is of the hour-by-hour variety.
Coverage by sport
Trending in sports
- Nicholson’s big shot sends ‘Death By a Thousand Cuts’ Cougars to emphatic victory
- Ijamsville's Matthew Semelsberger elevating his game as 'Khaos' awaits at UFC Fight Night
- Local Roundup: TJ squeezes out win over Linganore for regional softball title
- Jason Kolar leads Urbana boys lacrosse to 3A state final
- Boys Lacrosse: All-hands-on-deck effort helps Urbana stave off Towson to capture program's first state crown
- Fresh faces on faceoffs: With young players winning them the ball, juggernaut Hawks roll into state semis
- Knights own the moment, advance to 2A girls lacrosse state final
- Local Roundup: Cougars hurl 2-hitter to reach baseball state semifinals
- Urbana girls lacrosse stays in stride, strolls into state semifinals
- St. John's Catholic Prep names Jerry Rogers new football coach
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.