Visit one of Frederick County's more than 15 farmers markets and enjoy the bounty of locally grown vegetables, meats, honey, flowers and more on almost any day of the week.
Take a leisurely stroll along Carroll Creek Linear Park on Thursday as you head to the Frederick Farmers Market at Eveready Square and Shab Row from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. This is the perfect spot to skip the weekend crowds and get first pick of the freshest ingredients.
You can also find weekday markets at:
- YMCA of Frederick County at 1000 N Market St. on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- National Cancer Institute at Ft. Detrick on Tuesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Jefferson Ruritan Club at 4603 Lander Rd. on Wednesdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Mount Airy at 3 N Main St. behind the historic train station on Wednesdays from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Christ Reformed Church parking lot at 12 S Church St. in Middletown on Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Lake Linganore at 6718 Coldstream Drive in New Market on Thursdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Emmitsburg at 302 S Seton Ave. on Friday from 3 to 6:30 p.m.
But why not spend part of Saturday and Sunday among the farmers markets, too?
Whether you're visiting Thurmont, New Market, Myersville, the Frederick Fairgrounds or the Golden Mile, there's a farmers market for you on Saturday. Or, head out to Urbana and the city of Frederick on Sunday before the week starts over.
For a comprehensive list of farmer’s markets, visit the News-Post marketplace.